Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A letter to my son

Morning. 2/5/20014

My sweet boy,
It's been a rough couple of days for me. I know Daddy told that I didn't feel good and I am grateful for your sweet disposition. I love your happy face. And the big pink note you left for me to find last night when I got home from work. You keep me going. I won't let you down. I won't lie though, I've wanted to hibernate. I've wanted to stay in my room, in the bed, and alternate between reading my books and sleeping. I've been conserving my energy a lot more than normal lately and it frustrates me. Maybe it's this dreary weather. I am just tired. The kind of tired that makes me feel heavy and weighted-down. I am so tired that I don't even have an appetite but I force myself to eat. My body needs the nutrients. I have to save a pretty big chunk of my energy for work tonight. And every night. That always means that I don't give all my energy to you. Or our family. I feel guilty about that and know you can't understand that right now. And maybe the silver lining about it is that you don't even notice it. I still kiss you and open the covers for you to climb into bed when you wake me up, make your breakfast and watch Johnny Test's millionth episode day after day. I coerce you into the office (our fun yellow room) for lessons by promising that you can play Minecraft after you do math, handwriting and phonics. We will read together and talk. Everything is the same for you. Maybe that is God's good grace for me.

I love you.


You are my greatest accomplishment. You are the reason I offer prayers of gratitude to God. What a blessing that has been bestowed upon me!


Now go get dressed and brush your teeth!



No comments: